Responsible Handling of your Information
Empower Consulting Services considers our relationship with our customers as one of our most valuable assets. We are committed to protecting the privacy of all the individuals we deal with.
This statement sets out our policies on collecting and handling personal information for Empower Consulting Services Pty Ltd and its Australian related companies. We recommend that you keep this information for future reference.
Your personal information
Personal information held by the Empower Consulting Services may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone number/mobile phone number, e-mail address, bank account or credit card details, occupation and driver’s licence number and the business details of customers and suppliers and their dealings with Empower Consulting Services.
How we collect information
Personal information is collected by Empower Consulting Services to enable us to provide you with the products and services you have requested and to assist us improve our products and services. If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you require, or a high level of service.
Personal information may be collected directly from you such as through an application (including submitted online, by email, by mail, by phone or by fax) for products or services, and may be collected indirectly from you such as through monitoring your usage of products and services (eg the collection of information of your usage of our website including through cookies), or from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies, or your representatives.
How we use your personal information
Your personal information may be used in order to:
- verify your identity;
- to allow us to identify our customers via usernames and passwords and to interpret customers’ pre-stored attributes and parameters for using features and functions of the Empower
- Consulting Services web sites;
- assist you to subscribe to our services;
- provide the products and services you require;
- administer and manage those products and services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the products and services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- market, research and develop our products and services;
- gain an understanding of your needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Empower Consulting Services provides products and services via our website. When you visit our site, our web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists us to improve the structure of our websites and monitor their performance.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. Empower Consulting Services extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. Most internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies, however you can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our websites or take advantage of the improved website experience that cookies offer.
Empower Consulting Services also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Empower Consulting Services collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing a monitoring service and for security purposes.
Your personal information is also collected to promote and market other services which we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to contact you regarding other services please call 1300 797 838, or unsubscribe through our website at www.empowercs.com.au
When we disclose your personal information
In order to deliver the services you require and for the purposes set out above, Empower Consulting Services may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Empower Consulting Services. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Empower Consulting Services and related companies providing services to you. These organisations may carry out:
- customer enquiries;
- mailing systems;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- marketing, telemarketing and sales services;
- market research; and
- web site usage analysis.
Empower Consulting Services takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information. In addition, we may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or legal advisers (when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (eg securitisation).
Third party sites
You may click-through to third party sites from our sites in which case we recommend that you refer to the privacy statement of the sites you visit. This Privacy Statement only applies to the Empower Consulting Services Pty Ltd websites only and Empower Consulting Services Pty Ltd assumes no responsibility for information and content of third party sites.
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
Empower Consulting Services takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information relies to a large extent on the information you provide. We recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your name or address, by contacting us (see “How to contact us” below).
You can access your personal information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons. Empower Consulting Services reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for, and providing access to, your information.
How to contact us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact our Privacy Officer on 1300 797 838 between 9.00am and 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. You can also address any written correspondence to:
Empower Consulting Services
Suite 3, Level 7,
16-18 Wentworth Street,
Parramatta NSW 2150
Further information on privacy is available at the website of the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner at http://www.privacy.gov.au/